Picking the Perfect Lighting Solutions for Each Area of your Home – Part I
Lighting is one of the few things that can turn an ordinary house into a warm, inviting home. Lighting, when done right, does the following:
• It lets you perform daily tasks easily
• It enhances your home’s safety
• It makes your home more comfortable
Yet the thing about home lighting to remember, is that each room or living space has unique lighting needs.
Here’s what you need to consider when picking out lights for the different areas inside your home.
1. Foyers, Halls, and Stairways The foyer is the first thing visitors see when entering the house, so it only makes sense to want to create a strong impression with your lighting here. Consider installing a traditional chandelier at the center of this area, or perhaps a pendant light for a more contemporary feel.
Just be sure to pick the right size of fixture for the space. For halls and stairways, safety should be the priority in these areas, so have generous levels of general lighting here, with switches in both areas.
2. Living Areas Great lighting has the ability to bring out the very best of your living spaces. You want to choose fixtures that add drama to walls, highlight artwork and other access, as well as provide enough general lighting to let you see things in your den, living room, or bedrooms. For general lighting, nothing beats recessed lighting, which hides the actual light source from view.
LED light bulbs are the perfect choice for the application, but if you don’t have down lights, you can go with interior lamps, wall scones, and even LED light strips. Track lights are great for highlighting artwork, sections with photo frames, and other wall features. Stay tuned for Part II of this article series, where we go over more ideas for your home’s lighting.
In the meantime, you can check out Wikihow’s resource page on home lighting for more ideas. You can also contact the LiquidLEDs support team for other tips and tricks!